No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
The Total Development Fund (TDF) supports provincial priorities as well as sector/industry-wide initiatives that optimize development, improve productivity, accelerate growth, and/or enhance competitiveness across key sectors/industries. Projects supported with this fund must be linked to a regional or government priority and/or a departmental strategy and be able to demonstrate an economic benefit to the applied sector/industry or to the province.
Comments on Funding:
Funding takes the form of a nonrepayable contributions at the following levels:
- 1up to 100% to provincial government departments in support of strategic initiatives that have sector-wide impact;
- 2up to 50 % provincial contribution toward eligible expenditures to non-profit, municipalities, Regional Service Commissions and First Nation governments;
- 3up to 20 % provincial contribution (with exceptions up to 35% under extenuating circumstances) toward eligible expenditures in all other projects.
Funding commitments for individual initiatives will not exceed 3 fiscal years.
When It Ends:
Applicants must be:
Applicants must submit proposals for funding directly to the Regional Development Corporation;
If applicable, RDC will obtain a sector review from the appropriate department when receiving a request directly from the client;
Where a submission is deemed sufficiently detailed and in accordance with the eligibility requirements, RDC will review for consideration.
- 1complete, sign and forward a claim form including copies of all pertinent
documentation relating to the project for reimbursement of expenditures.
- 2submit appropriate documentation to support all investments made under the Total Development Fund. Supporting documentation may be in the form of:
Other Things to Note:
All funding applications under the TDF will be received, assessed, and evaluated by the Regional Development Corporation. The President of the Regional Development Corporation will have authority to approve funding for projects.