Type of Program:
The Business ACCESS-Ability Grant Program provides funding to businesses for a cost-shared grant to make accessibility-related improvements. Improvements can be for clients and customers, for employees, or both.
There are five categories of funding:
- 1Built Environment for removing physical barriers for persons to access business services, by installing ramps, accessible washrooms, door openers, and other projects,
- 2Accessible Communications Services to ensure that all customers, clients, and employees can access information related to a business,
- 3Assistive Devices to ensure that employees and consumers who are person with disabilities have the devices they need to effectively do their jobs and access places of business,
- 4Universal Design Capacity Building for training in the field of Universal Design, both for technical services professionals and for persons with disabilities wishing to better understand its value.
- 5Accessible Transportation to provide support for businesses to improve access to transportation services.
Comments on Funding:
Maximum grant amounts available per year is $100,000 per applicant.
Funding is up to 2/3 of eligible expenses, to a maximum of:
Funding available for Universal Design Capacity Building is up to 3/4 of eligible expenses.
When It Ends:
The applicant must:
must speak with the Business ACCESS-Ability program officer about his proposed project before completing the application form,
must submit the application form by mail, email, or fax,
may apply under one or more categories.
The applicant must submit: