No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
Grant & Loan
With a budget of $500 million over two years (ending March 31, 2023), including $50 million specifically dedicated to Indigenous tourism initiatives and $15 million for national initiatives, The Tourism Relief Fund supports tourism businesses and organizations to adapt their operations to meet public health requirements while investing in products and services to facilitate their future growth.
Comments on Funding:
Contributions to businesses will be either:
- 1non-repayable contributions up to $100,000 for up to 50% of eligible costs;
- 2fully repayable contributions up to $500,000 for up to 75% of eligible costs
Not-for-profit organizations and Indigenous entities (not generating profits) will be eligible for non-repayable contributions.
Project contribution amounts would not exceed $500,000. The actual contribution amount will be based on the minimum amount required to carry out the project.
A business cannot receive a combination of a non-repayable and a repayable contribution for the same project.
When It Ends:
March 31, 2023
For-profit applicants must submit a completed application form and the following supporting documents:
- 1incorporation documents and information on ownership (names and percentage of ownership),
- 2financial statements (current and last two years),
- 3research and development (r&d) project plan, business plan and/or marketing plan,
- 4supplier quotes,
- 5copies of relevant permits and licenses,
- 6other relevant documents (specify).
Not-for-profit applicants and other applicants must submit a completed application form and the following supporting documents:
- 1constituting / incorporating documents and list of directors/members of the board,
- 2financial statements (current and last fiscal year),
- 3description and mandate of the applicant, including the management and qualifications of key personnel,
- 4HST rebate information (I.E. rebate rate),
- 5one of the following two items is required: research and development (r&d) project plan or detailed project description, including milestones, costs, financing, key partnerships established and evidence of support from the community,
- 6supplier quotes,
- 7copies of relevant permits and licenses,
- 8other relevant documents (specify).