Type of Program:
The Centre’s Craft Business Development Program supports the career growth of Unama’ki-Cape Breton makers, artists, and craft producers by providing the Consultancy Services program helping fund one-on-one assistance from a professional on various services, i.e., e-commerce, taxes, exporting, wholesaling, etc.
Comments on Funding:
- 1Funding takes the form of non-repayable financial assistance of 75% of costs, up to $2,000 (inc. HST).
- 2The cost of the mentoring session is $200+hst. The Centre pays for 75% of that cost. Successful applicants are responsible for the remaining 25% ($50+hst).
When It Ends:
Applicants must fill out the Business Profile for Craftspeople form and provide supporting documents that demonstrate the need for funding.
Applicants must be assessed on need, ability to demonstrate market readiness and contributions to the aesthetic, material or cultural diversity of purchasable Unama’ki-Cape Breton craft products.
For consultancy applications: because these applications seek various professional services based on need, they will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- 1complete a Business Profile for Craftspeople form
- 2provide proof of current Nova Scotia Joint Stocks Registration
- 3Optional but helpful: provide a hi-resolution images of their work; or illustrative images of the proposed project if appropriate to the application. Max total file size 100MB: can be compiled in a .doc/x/PDF or presentation, OR uploaded as individual image files.