Type of Program:
The Food Safety Obstacles To Market Program focuses on assisting products to get to market by assisting companies with overcoming a specific retail food safety requirement/obstacle that prevents a product from getting to an identified retail market in a timely manner, or keeping those markets open when requirements change.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to a maximum of $10,000 per annum per applicant.
Projects are cost-shared to a maximum of 50/50 with applicants.
Applicants must pay 20% of their contribution for the project to begin, with the remaining 80% of their contribution due at project completion.
When It Ends:
The applicant must:
submit the completed application form,
provide further information if required,
be able to provide a 20% down payment of their portion of the project before work begins,
complete two of Perennia’s On-line Food Safety Fundamentals Courses before work can begin on their project, if receiving funding of more than $3,000.
Scheduling of the project may begin immediately upon application approval with a signed project plan.