Type of Program:
The objective of the Music Nova Scotia Investment Program is to encourage the creation, development and growth of Nova Scotian music businesses, artists and their intellectual property.
The Business Development Stream supports Eligible Music Companies by investing in development projects. Investment is available for initiatives that are not artist-specific, but that support the marketing and promotion of the company, full roster and its services.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is a grant of 50% of the Total Eligible Budget to a maximum of:
- 1Business Level I - $1,000 per applicant, per project, $1,500 per fiscal year;
- 2Business Level II - $2,500 per applicant, per project, $4,000 per fiscal year;
- 3Business Level III - $7,500 per applicant, per project, $10,000 per fiscal year.
The Music Nova Scotia investment is paid out in two stages:
- 1an advance equal to 50% of the amount of approved investment is paid out once the application is approved and Music Nova Scotia and the applicant have executed the investment agreement;
- 2the remainder of the investment is paid out when the Completion Report has been received, reviewed and accepted by Music Nova Scotia.
When It Ends:
The applicant must be:
Applicants must complete the Applicant Profile webform at least one (1) week prior to submitting an application by following this link: https://musicnovascotia.formstack.com/forms/company_applicant_profile
Applicants must submit a clear and defined Business Development Plan detailing what activities you intend to undertake, what value and impact these activities have for your career or business, and how you will measure the results of your project.