Type of Program:
Through its Short Form Series (aka Web Drama Series) Production Program, the Fund assists independent producers/creators to finance the production of original digital drama series created initially for the web. The focus is on the development of high quality, story-driven drama, and the development of new talent.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is in the form of an equity investment in the amount of up to $200,000 per project.
The Fund seeks a pro rata share of recoupment of its investment and profit participation in the project and through its derivative subsidiary rights and subsequent works.
The terms and schedules of payment and recoupment, the producer’s responsibilities and reporting conditions will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
When It Ends:
October 5, 2022
The applicant must:
Applicants must submit the following documents/materials:
- 1proof of financing committed,
- 2distribution/platform licensing agreements,
- 3tax credit calculations,
- 4credits of applicant company,
- 5strategies for production, distribution, promotion/marketing and revenue generation (please upload in the “additional documents” line)
- 6synopses of the series and for each episode of the first “season”, including story arc, character descriptions, locations, etc.,
- 73 episode scripts,
- 8a video or audio proof-of-concept content/sizzle reel/trailer with an analysis of the analytics,
- 9a preliminary production budget,
- 10a preliminary financing plan,
- 11an outlined production schedule,
- 12a list of potential or confirmed lead performers and other key creative positions,
- 13audience identification and preliminary engagement plan,
- 14a list of distributors and specific platforms/channels which have been, or will be pitched.
Other Things to Note:
All projects must be contracted by the IPF within 6 months of final financing commitment.
An industry jury and the Board of Directors will evaluate the Production Proposals and notify successful applicants in November, 2022.