No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
The Operating Grant Program (OGP) helps to address the affordability of child care services for families with young children throughout Newfoundland and Labrador. Effective January 1, 2022, the OGP requires participating child care centers to lower their rates to $15 per day for Infants, Toddlers, Preschoolers and Full-Day School-Age children. The Provincial Government will, in turn, provide an operating grant to these centres.
Comments on Funding:
The Operating Grant range based on full-time equivalent spaces and maintaining a minimum of 70 per cent enrollment:
The Operating Grant range for part-time time child care spaces and maintaining a minimum of 70 per cent enrollment:
When It Ends:
The applicant must:
Applicants must submit their application by email/fax to OGP@gov.nl.ca or (709)729-1400 or by courier/regular mail to the Division of Early Learning and Child Development, Department of Education.
Applicants must submit:
- 1the completed application form,
- 2the vendor number for licensee,
- 3Supplier Set-up and Maintenance form, if the Licensee has not been set up with a Government of NL vendor number,
- 4a copy of the current Licence,
- 5certificate of Incorporation (if applicable for the initial application),
- 6confirmation of good standing with Workers Compensation and Benefits Commission,
- 7confirmation of good standing with Canada Revenue Agency,
- 8projected annual enrollment,
- 9salary and/or financial statements, if applying for supplemental funding.
Other Things to Note:
The Operating Grant Program (OGP) for centre-based child care is a key component of the Provincial Government’s child care strategy, Caring For Our Future.