Type of Program:
The Disaster Financial Assistance Program helps small businesses with costs to repair or replace uninsurable, essential basic property loss (like appliances and furniture) due to Hurricane Fiona. The program is also available to residential property owners and tenants and non-profits.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to $200,000 for repair and replacement costs.
When It Ends:
Small businesses can apply for financial assistance if :
complete the application form;
check the application for details on all required supporting documents;
send their completed application and supporting documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
mail a signed copy of the application form and attachments by January 31, 2023 to: Disaster Financial Assistance, PO Box 2581
Halifax, NS B3J 3N5.
Applicants must submit:
- 1confirmation of Insurance Form;
- 2income and Employee Eligibility Confirmation Form;
- 3ownership Eligibility Confirmation Form;
- 4the application form;
- 5photos of the damage, as well as any “before” photos if they have any;
- 6itemized description of damage or loss and replacement cost estimates;
- 7copy of their rental agreement, if applicable;
- 8letter verifying business management and ownership;
- 9letter verifying their gross annual business income.
Other Things to Note:
211 Nova Scotia can answer questions about the application process and help identify what information and supporting documents you need.