Type of Program:
The Business ACCESS-Ability Grant Program provides funding to businesses for a cost-shared grant to make accessibility-related improvements. Improvements can be for clients and customers, for employees, or both.
There are five categories of funding:
- 1Built Environment for removing physical barriers for persons to access business services, by installing ramps, accessible washrooms, door openers, and other projects,
- 2Accessible Communications Services to ensure that all customers, clients, and employees can access information related to a business,
- 3Assistive Devices to ensure that employees and consumers who are person with disabilities have the devices they need to effectively do their jobs and access places of business,
- 4Universal Design Capacity Building for training in the field of Universal Design, both for technical services professionals and for persons with disabilities wishing to better understand its value.
- 5Accessible Transportation to provide support for businesses to improve access to transportation services.
Comments on Funding:
Maximum grant amounts available per year is $100,000 per applicant.
Funding is up to 2/3 of eligible expenses, to a maximum of:
Funding available for Universal Design Capacity Building is up to 1/2 of eligible expenses.
When It Ends:
February 14, 2022
The applicant must:
is encouraged to contact the Business ACCESS-Ability program officer, if he has any questions,
must submit the application form by mail, email, or fax,
may apply under one or more categories.
The applicant must submit: