Type of Program:
The Centre’s Craft Business Development Program supports the career growth of Unama’ki-Cape Breton makers, artists and craft producers through the Branding & Storytelling funding stream program, helping members develop marketing and promotional materials for their businesses and websites. Their branding should represent the vision – thoughtful marketing helps convey their message to their customers.
Comments on Funding:
- 1Funding takes the form of non-repayable financial assistance of 75% of costs, up to $2,000 (inc. HST).
- 2The cost of the mentoring session is $200+hst. The Centre pays for 75% of that cost. Successful applicants are responsible for the remaining 25% ($50+hst).
When It Ends:
Step One: Pre-approval – Applicants must:
fill out the Business Profile for Craftspeople form and provide supporting documents that demonstrate the need for funding
be assessed on need, ability to demonstrate market readiness and contributions to the aesthetic, material or cultural diversity of purchasable Unama’ki-Cape Breton craft products.
Step Two: Mentoring – Successful applicants must participate in a Mentoring session with Vibe Creative Group
Step Three: Vendor Selection:
For branding applications: at the end of the mentoring session, Vibe Creative Group provides a report (the Centre gets a copy, too) which must be used by the applicants to obtain estimates/quotes from at least two Unama’ki-Cape Breton based designers.
Applicants must submit these quotes to the Centre, along with an explanation detailing their preferred vendor.
The Centre will require them to sign a contract for the project. The contract outlines everyone’s responsibilities and specifies the total amount of funding that Centre will provide, along with timelines for the project and reporting requirements.
- 1complete a Business Profile for Craftspeople form;
- 2provide proof of current Nova Scotia Joint Stocks Registration;
- 3submit quotes from at least two Unama’ki-Cape Breton based designers;
- 4Optional but helpful: provide a hi-resolution images of their work; or illustrative images of the proposed project if appropriate to the application. Max total file size 100MB: can be compiled in a .doc/x/PDF or presentation, OR uploaded as individual image files.