Type of Program:
In-Kind Support, Rebate
The Community Energy Solutions incentives help larger operations like businesses, farms, institutions, and community facilities with energy efficiency advice and rebates so they can be efficiency leaders in their community. These incentives could help with energy savings projects like upgrades to heating systems, optimizing ventilation, thermostats and controls, and more.
Comments on Funding:
- 1Funding may cover up to 50% of the total energy efficiency upgrade cost, up to $25,000.
- 2Larger operations (using more than 350,000 kWh annually) may be eligible for custom energy solutions which can include funding for a feasibility study and access to an onsite energy manager.
When It Ends:
apply before they begin their project. They must send the application form to efficiencyPEI along with copies of the last 12 months of electricity and heating fuel bills and their payee registration form;
be connected with an energy auditor for a free commercial energy audit. Once the audit is complete, they must send their audit and quotes for the project.
be notifed by efficiencyPEI if approved to begin work. If their organization could benefit from a custom community energy solution, efficiencyPEI will be in touch to discuss further.
Applicants must submit:
- 1the completed rebate application;
- 2copies of the last 12 months of electricity and heating fuel bills;
- 3payee Registration Form;
- 4audit and quotes for the project.
Other Things to Note:
Energy efficiency incentives are a cost-shared with the Government of Canada under the Low Carbon Economy Fund.
Published date: August 1, 2022.
Leave a Reply