Type of Program:
The Mineral Resources Development Fund supports prospectors, exploration companies, researchers, post-secondary students, and projects in the mining sector that attract investment, help grow Nova Scotia's economy and create jobs, especially in rural areas. The Education, Outreach and Engagement funding stream provides grants to support projects intended to educate and build public confidence or awareness in the mineral industry, prospector support and training, capacity building, indigenous and student education and training.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is a grant of up to $50,000.
When It Ends:
Applicants must be:
Applications must be submitted using the application form provided to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are permitted to apply for more than one marketing grant each fiscal year.
Applicants must submit:
- 1an executive summary, clearly stating how the education/outreach/engagement project to be funded will educate, provide outreach, and/or result in engagement;
- 2a project plan, and a statement of project/event objectives (both strategic and tactical), which must include a tool or plan for the evaluation and effectiveness of the project/event;
- 3a detailed description of the project and its planned outcomes for measuring success and potential impact on the target audience or group;
- 4a detailed budget, including a detailed list of activities required to complete the project/event, and an estimate of time required for each activity;
- 5the name of the project lead/s, their qualifications, organizational affiliation, and contact information.
Other Things to Note:
Proposals are accepted throughout the fiscal year starting 1 April each year.