No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
Marketing Levy Special Events Reserve Grant Program provides grants from the Municipality to direct financial support to large scale special events in Halifax Regional Municipality that support and promote tourism and business development. The program offers four types of grants:
- 1The Distinguished Events Grants program supports large one-time tourism events that have a minimum budget of $50,000 which have high potential for national and international exposure and encourage multiple day visits to the Municipality.
- 2The New & Emerging Events Grants program supports new/emerging events that address gaps in the existing event calendar and have the potential to become an annual tourism event. Organizations must have operated for a minimum of one (1) year, and the event must have a minimum budget of $50,000.
- 3The Signature Events Grants program supports large, annual tourism events that have a minimum budget of $100,000 and have been in existence for a minimum of five consecutive years.
- 4The Major Hosting Events Grants program supports organizations bidding on the rights to host major events and supports programs, activities and services specific to the delivery of a major event being hosted in Halifax Regional Municipality. Events must be of a size and scope sufficient to draw tourists to the Municipality’s communities, attract significant media exposure, nationally and globally.
Comments on Funding:
Funding will take the form of a grant which will be dispersed according to a schedule as outlined in the executed HRM Event Grant Agreement, with up to twenty per cent (20%) being withheld until completion of the event and submission of the final report.
- 1Distinguished Events is a grant up to $50,000;
- 2New & Emerging Events is grant up to $25,000;
- 3Signature Events is up to a maximum of 10% of the previous year’s total grant.
When It Ends:
May 31, 2023 (Distinguished Events and New & Emerging Events)
Fall of 2024 (Signature Events)
Rolling deadline (Major Hosting Events)
The applicant must:
Applicants must submit the applications by mail, in person or email by the application deadline. Applications may be submitted:
1. in person to: HRM Event Grants Officer, 2nd floor, Dartmouth Ferry Terminal;
2. by mail to: HRM Event Grants Officer, P.O. Box 1749, Halifax, NS, B3J 3A5;
3. by email to: email@example.com.
Applicants must submit:
- 1a description of the applicant, including history and organisation's staffing and structure;
- 2details on any other funding received from the Municipality within the current and two previous fiscal years, including tax relief;
- 3a statement of corporate funding sources sought by the applicant, including current status of applications;
- 4a statement of other government funding sources sought by the applicant, including current status of applications;
- 5a detailed event description with a statement on the tourism and economic impact in the community;
- 6previous year's municipal service costs when applicable;
- 7a detailed event budget.
Other Things to Note:
Application intake for funding Signature Events is on a three year basis.
Changed source 1.
Leave a Reply