Type of Program:
The Market Readiness Subsidy Program assists tourism stakeholders in enhancing the quality and market readiness of their tourism services, businesses and products. There are three eligible programs:
- 1Best Practice Missions supports missions to other destinations designed to expose operators to successful development and marketing models. Primarily offered by Tourism Atlantic;
- 2Gros Morne Institute for Sustainable Tourism (GMIST) focuses on experiential travel, marketing and sustainability;
- 3Other initiatives that address market readiness for industry participant's maybe considered, subject to approval by the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts and Recreation.
This program provides a 25% subsidy for one of the above programs once per year for one business or organizational representative.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to 25% of eligible costs of the approved programs. The allowable subsidy is a maximum of 25% up to a total for one event of $2,500.
Applicants are expected to contribute at least 25% of total eligible costs. In kind contributions will not be accepted.
Depending on the program (for example, Best Practice Missions, GMIST) an additional 50% subsidy could be received from federal government sources.
The maximum government subsidy from all levels of government is not to exceed 75%.
When It Ends:
The applicant must:
a request for funding "form" before they are eligible to receive the subsidy,
the expense claim that was enclosed with their approval letter within 30 days of travel and forward with copies of their receipts to the attention of Lucy Alway for processing. firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applicant must submit:
- 1the Market Readiness Subsidy Program Application Form;
- 2the Participant Information Questionnaire.