Type of Program:
The Façade Improvement Program will support improvements to the outside of a commercial property.
Comments on Funding:
Funding will take the form of a grant and will be issued at the City’s discretion on a case-bycase basis, equivalent to up to 50% of the proposed improvement cost and up to a maximum of $10,000 per façade.
When It Ends:
Applications must meet the following criteria for their project:
Applicants must submit the application form in an envelope clearly marked, or as a PDF attachment via email with the subject line, “Façade Improvement Grant Program Application”. Applications can be dropped off in person, by mail, or emailed to:
The City of Mount Pearl
3 Centennial Street
Mount Pearl, NL A1N 1G4
Attention: Jeremy Schwartz, Marketing and Economic Development Officer
Applicants must submit:
- 1proof of ownership/consent from owner;
- 2detailed project plan;
- 3photos or drawings of current conditions;
- 4two different sets of contractor quotes;
- 5all relevant project details, including:
- 6proof of registration with Service NL (or proof of application);
- 7proof of registration with the Government of Canada;
- 8a certificate of completion signed by the applicant and the contractor or architect indicating that the work described within the agreement has been fully completed;
- 9proof all contractors have been paid in full by the applicant for the portions or parts of the project for which the applicant is seeking reimbursement. This shall be a final invoice marked paid in full, and/or a copy of the cheque made payable to the contractors;
- 10proof that the improvements have passed final inspection and meet all City of Mount Pearl’s bylaw requirements including zoning, building and safety codes.