No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
The Development Program element provides incorporated Newfoundland and Labrador film and video production companies a loan to support the essential process of development which takes an idea through the stages of research, writing, market analysis and costing.
Development funding is available in two phases for non-series projects as follows: Phase One for conception and development of first draft script and Phase Two for shooting script and production development.
Comments on Funding:
Phase One funding is normally up to a maximum of $15,000, up to 33% of the budget.
Phase Two funding is normally up to a maximum of $20,000, up to 33% of the budget.
A producer may apply for Phase Two development without having received Phase One development.
For series projects, the full $35,000 of funding may be accessed in one stage.
When It Ends:
April 18, 2022
October 17, 2022
The applicant must:
have a consultation with NLFDC,
submit an application form,
wait for the project to be assessed and to receive a notification of NLFDC decision
Applicant must submit:
- 1a completed application form,
- 2Certification and Articles of Incorporation,
- 3shareholder information,
- 4financial statements,
- 5a Project synopsis,
- 6Project intentions,
- 7a Project schedule,
- 8Production staff and area of residence,
- 9Treatment, outline, or screenplay,
- 10Original literary property,
- 11Original literary property agreement,
- 12Writing agreement(s),
- 13Broadcast license and/or distribution agreement,
- 14Marketing and distribution plan,
- 15Letters of commitment for financing,
- 16Detailed development budget.