Type of Program:
The Energy Efficiency Grant Program is designed to provide support for commercial building and business owners to invest in projects and initiatives that reduce greenhouse gas emissions in their place of business in Mount Pearl.
Comments on Funding:
Funding will take the form of a grant and will issued at the city’s discretion. The grant can equal up to 50% of the total proposed project cost to a maximum of $5,000 per energy efficiency project.
When It Ends:
The applicant must:
The project must support more than just maintenance improvements and might include the following:
Applicants must submit the application form in an envelope clearly marked, or as a PDF attachment via email with the subject line, “Energy Efficiency Grant Program Application”. Applications can be dropped off in person, by mail, or emailed to:
The City of Mount Pearl
3 Centennial Street
Mount Pearl, NL A1N 1G4
Attention: Jeremy Schwartz, Marketing and Economic Development Officer
Applicants must submit:
- 1Proof of ownership/consent from owner;
- 2Detailed project plan;
- 3Photos or drawings of current conditions;
- 4Two different sets of contractor quotes;
- 5All relevant project details, including:
- 6Proof of registration with Service NL (or proof of application);
- 7Proof of registration with the Government of Canada;
- 8Reporting and proof that the project reduced carbon footprint must be presented upon completion of project to receive the funds.