Type of Program:
With the Commercial EV Charger Rebate Program, qualified applicants can receive a rebate toward the cost to purchase and install qualifying DC Fast Chargers (20 kW to 49 kW) at workplaces, for light-duty electric fleet vehicles, in public places or on-street.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to 50% of total eligible expenditures, to a maximum of $15,000 per charger. Rebates are limited to six 20kW-49kW Direct Current Fast Chargers.
When It Ends:
Applicants must complete and submit a Proof of Approval to Install form (this attests to the fact that the applicant has authority over the property or they are a representative of the group with such authority);
Applicants must hire an electrician, select the site and the chargers;
Applicants must submit the application and all required documents.
Applicants must sign a contribution agreement prior to the installation of your charger(s), if the project is approved;
Applicants must install the charger(s);
Applicants must submit final required documents.
Applicants must submit:
- 1a written quote or spec sheet identifying final pricing, including taxes and shipping;
- 2a quote from a qualified electrical contractor for the charger installation;
- 3Proof of Approval to Install Form;
- 4a picture and a brief description clearly outlining the proposed location and parking space(s);
- 5a copy of the businesses certificate of incorporation.
Once installation is complete, applicants must submit the following documents:
- 1a copy of the final invoice broken down by the list of eligible costs that they are claiming, and clearly showing proof of payment;
- 2a copy of all other final invoices for eligible costs incurred;
- 3a copy of the Electrical Certificate of Inspection from Service NL, for the completed electrical projects done during the installation of their approved charger;
- 4proof of an internet connection (this can be a screen shot of the backend system clearly showing the chargers are connected to internet);
- 5a photo and description of the location of the installed charger(s) showing they are installed and operational;
- 6a photo of the dedicated parking space and signage for each charger connector.
Other Things to Note:
Rebates will be issued to qualified participants for eligible EV charging infrastructure projects on a first-come, first-serve basis or until program funding is depleted. Projects must be completed no later than 12 months following pre-approval or February 15, 2024, whichever is sooner.