No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
The Wage Support Program for Early Childhood Educators (WSP-ECE) is a wage enhancement program administered by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development to support Operators of Early Learning and Childcare facilities with the recruitment and retention of trained educators.
Comments on Funding:
There are two levels of funding, depending on the training of the educator:
- 1Level 1: $7.25/hour for educators that have:
Non-designated facilities: $7.25/hour
- 2Entry Level: : $3.15/hour for educators that.
- 1The minimum contribution for an operator to the salary of an educator working in a designated facility is $11.75/hour.
- 2The wage top-up for designated facilities is inclusive of the province’s $2.00/hour to offset the minimum wage increases.
- 3Operators of non-designated (0-5 years old) and school age facilities are responsible for providing the provincial minimum wage to their educators.
When It Ends:
Eligible educators must be:
Applicant must first login to the Operator Portal and consent to the Terms and Conditions for the WSP-ECE,
Applicant must enroll the qualifying educators,
Applicant must report the actual hours worked by all eligible employees on a monthly basis,
Applicant must review funding statements,
Applicant must renew program registration annually.
The applicant must submit ECE certificates and diplomas completed in or after June 2009.
Leave a Reply