No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
The Green Infrastructure: Climate Change Mitigation provides investment to support to greenhouse gas emission (GHG) reductions.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is a cost-sharing from the federal government of up to the following:
- 150% of eligible expenditures for New Brunswick;
- 240% of eligible expenditures for municipalities, regional governments and not-for-profit organizations;
- 375% of eligible expenditures for Indigenous ultimate recipients;
- 425% of eligible expenditures for any for-profit, private sector ultimate recipients (when eligible).
The provincial government will cost share up to:
- 133.33% of eligible expenditures for projects with municipalities.
When It Ends:
The applicant must be:
Applicants must submit their Expression of Interest.
Climate Assessments - Applicants must:
- 1submit a Greenhouse Gas Mitigation Assessment and a Climate Change Resilience Assessment as part of the project submission process, if their projects have a total eligible costs over $10 million.
- 2be required a Greenhouse Gas Mitigation Assessment as part of the submission process if their projects seek funding under the Climate Change Mitigation sub-stream.
- 3be required to submit a Climate Change Resilience Assessment as part of the project submission process if their projects seek funding under the Adaptation, Resilience, and Disaster Mitigation sub-stream.
Community Employment Benefits – Applicants must be required to report on community employment benefits generated by the project, if their projects have total eligible costs over $25 million.
Other Things to Note:
The primary role of the Regional Development Corporation is to work with other governmental agencies, institutions and not-for-profit groups to ensure that economically challenged regions within New Brunswick are provided with the necessary tools and infrastructure required to attain their full potential in terms of community and economic development.