Type of Program:
The Heritage Conservation Grants Program incentivizes owners to maintain their properties in accordance of the Saint John Heritage Conservation Areas By-law. The Heritage Conservation Plan Grants are provided to offset the cost of retaining a design professional (architect or engineer) to prepare a Conservation Plan for designated heritage properties. A Conservation Plan provides the property owner with a phased plan to undertake required heritage/structural work.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is a grant of 50% of the cost of retaining a design professional (architect or engineer) to prepare a Conservation Plan up to a maximum of $1,500.
When It Ends:
The applicant must:
obtain a Certificate of Appropriateness (Heritage Permit) and building permit (if required);
complete and submit the application form.
Applicants must submit:
- 1the Heritage Conservation Plan;
- 2recent photographs of all sides of the building and detailed photographs of area related to proposed work;
- 3written project cost estimate;
- 4a completed application form;
- 5the Grant Summary Form once the project work related to the grant application is complete in order to receive grant funding.
Leave a Reply