Type of Program:
The Façade Improvement Program provides funding to improve the overall attractiveness of the City of Miramichi’s Business Improvement Areas as a shopping and business destination and to assist in attracting and retaining tenants in the Downtowns by providing assistance to commercial property owners within the BIA’s to address issues relating to building facades in the designated area.
Comments on Funding:
The funding is up to 50% of the total improvement costs up to a maximum of $3,000.
When It Ends:
The applicant must:
contact the City of Miramichi, Department of Economic Development & Tourism to discuss the program and determine pre-eligibility,
complete a signed Application form provided by the Department including all necessary supporting documentation as required on the application.
Applicants must submit:
- 1the completed application form,
- 2a complete project description,
- 3a detailed project budget,
- 4contractor quotes,
- 5detailed plans (site plan, floor plans, façade details, etc.),
- 7planning permit (if required),
- 8copy of most recent property assessment notice from service NB,
- 9construction schedule (start and finish date),
Other Things to Note:
Grants will be available until the budgeted amount of this program has been depleted for any calendar year.
Leave a Reply