Type of Program:
The Downtown Housing Incentive Program provides funding to attract and retain downtown residents by incentivizing the creation of new housing in the Business Improvement Areas.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to $10,000.00 per qualified dwelling unit.
When It Ends:
The applicant must have a registered ownership interest in the property named in the application based on the Service NB Property Account Number (PAN).
contact the City of Miramichi, Department of Economic Development & Tourism to discuss the program and determine pre-eligibility,
complete a signed Application form provided by the Department including all necessary supporting documentation as required on the application.
Applicants must submit:
- 1the completed application form,
- 2a complete project description,
- 3a detailed project budget,
- 4detailed plans (site plan, floor plans, façade details, etc.),
- 5planning permit (if required),
- 6copy of most recent property assessment notice from service NB,
- 7construction schedule (start and finish date),
Other Things to Note:
Grants will be available until the budgeted amount of this program has been depleted for any calendar year.