No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
This program was developed to support cattle and sheep farmers where there is a proven plan for the expansion of livestock to implement long-term viability of their operation. The Farm Loan Board offers flexible lending terms including payment deferrals that will complement the Nova Scotia Cattle and Sheep Industry Development Program.
Comments on Funding:
The applicant will pay interest and other fees, if applicable.
When It Ends:
submit a Nova Scotia Farm Loan Board application form with supporting documentation (checklist)
any additional information that may be requested by their loan officer.
Applicants must submit:
- 1a completed application form;
- 2a full Business Plan;
- 3Cheque for Service Fee – Required for New Clients to the Board or Repeat Applications;
- 4a summary of their education, training, work and farm experience, and a description of your current farm program and marketing program, if New Clients to Nova Scotia Farm Loan Board;
- 5Void Cheque and EFT form to authorize payments by Pre-Authorized Debit (page 5 of Loan Application);
- 6Completed Group Life Insurance Application Form for at least one applicant (contact your local office for application forms), or written confirmation of Life Insurance through a private policy assigned to the Nova Scotia Farm Loan Board.
- 7Quota Information Declaration Form if applicable.
- 8Specific information for each business type, as following:
- 9Other documentation to be provided at the application stage:
- 10Other documentation to be provided prior to disbursement of funds:
- 11Written confirmation of Property Insurance coverage with the NSFLB as the named loss payable.
Applications are processed on the basis of a security appraisal, an assessment of the farming program and a review of the completed application form.
Other Things to Note:
This program will complement the Nova Scotia Cattle and Sheep Industry Development Program.