Type of Program:
The purpose of the TV Program is to support the production of great, market-driven Canadian content in the genres of lifestyle, drama, comedy series, and documentary series. For eligible projects supported by the CRTC – licensed Canadian private and public broadcasters, funding will be allocated under a selective process with applications being evaluated by an industry jury and recommendations provided to the Board for approval.
Comments on Funding:
Funding available for eligible projects in the drama or comedy category is a maximum contribution equal to $250,000, not to exceed 40% of the production’s eligible costs/budget.
Funding in the lifestyle category is a maximum contribution equal to $150,000, not to exceed 40% of the production’s eligible costs/budget.
When It Ends:
April 4, 2022
The applicant must:
Eligibility criteria for the TV programs:
click on the New Applications tab and select the fund you wish to apply for,
submit the application.
Applicants must submit:
- 1Proof that Copyright of Project is owned, optioned or controlled by applicant (producer),
- 2License Agreement (commitment letter may be sufficient at application stage) with a CRTC Licensed, Broadcaster,
- 3Broadcaster Support Form,
- 4TV Ratings for previous season(s), if applicable,
- 5Proof of other financing, if applicable,
- 6Budget - Series Production (.xls or .xlsx),
- 7Creative (1 or 2 scripts plus bible/treatment),
- 8Production Schedule,
- 9Credits of Applicant Company (track record of applicant company and production team),
- 10Key Personnel List + CVs (experience and achievements),
- 11Proof of eligibility for CAVCO certification,
- 12Self-ID Form,
- 13Co-Production Agreement if applicable,
- 14Additional documents, if applicable.
Other Things to Note:
The Bell Fund will now accept three (3) applications from each public or private broadcaster per deadline.