Type of Program:
The purpose of the TV Program is to support the production of great, market-driven Canadian content in the genres of lifestyle, drama , comedy series and documentary series. For eligible projects supported by a Major Production Funder (MPF), funding will be allocated from a MPF envelope. The MPF shall provide a Bell Fund Broadcaster support form to the Producer that allows the Producer to submit an application for funding to the Bell Fund.
Comments on Funding:
Funding available for eligible projects in the drama or comedy category is a maximum contribution equal to $250,000, not to exceed 40% of the production’s eligible costs/budget.
Funding in the lifestyle category is a maximum contribution equal to $150,000, not to exceed 40% of the production’s eligible costs/budget.
Funding will be allocated from a MPF envelope. All funds will be paid to the Producer/Applicant for the eligible project.
When It Ends:
Applications intake starting April 11, 2022
April 11, 2022
2023 deadline to be announced
The applicant must:
Eligibility criteria for the TV programs:
receive a Bell Fund Broadcaster support form from the MPF that allows him/her to submit an application for funding to the Bell Fund;
go to online application portal and create an account,
click on the New Applications tab and select the fund you wish to apply for,
submit the application.
Applicants must submit:
- 1Project Details Form;
- 2Proof that Copyright of Project is owned, optioned or controlled by applicant (producer),
- 3License Agreement (commitment letter may be sufficient at application stage) with a CRTC Licensed, Broadcaster,
- 4Broadcaster Support Form,
- 5Proof of other financing, if applicable,
- 6Budget - Series Production (.xls or .xlsx),
- 7Creative (1 or 2 scripts plus bible/treatment),
- 8Production Schedule,
- 9Credits of Applicant Company (track record of applicant company and production team),
- 10Key Personnel List + CVs (experience and achievements),
- 11Self Identification Contact List,
- 12Co-Production Agreement, if applicable,
- 13Additional documents, if applicable.