Type of Program:
The purpose of the TV Program is to support the production of great, market-driven Canadian content in the genres of lifestyle, drama , comedy series and documentary series. For eligible projects supported by a Major Production Funder (MPF), funding will be allocated from a MPF envelope. The MPF will then designate projects eligible to receive funding subject to the funding contribution caps for final approval by the Bell Fund board.
Comments on Funding:
Funding available for eligible projects in the drama or comedy category is a maximum contribution equal to $250,000, not to exceed 40% of the production’s eligible costs/budget.
Funding in the lifestyle category is a maximum contribution equal to $150,000, not to exceed 40% of the production’s eligible costs/budget.
Funding will be allocated from a MPF envelope.
When It Ends:
Applications intake starting April 11, 2022
The applicant must:
Eligibility criteria for the TV programs:
click on the New Applications tab and select the fund you wish to apply for,
submit the application.
Applicants must submit:
- 1Proof that Copyright of Project is owned, optioned or controlled by applicant (producer),
- 2License Agreement (commitment letter may be sufficient at application stage) with a CRTC Licensed, Broadcaster,
- 3Broadcaster Support Form,
- 4Proof of other financing, if applicable,
- 5Budget - Series Production (.xls or .xlsx),
- 6Creative (1 or 2 scripts plus bible/treatment),
- 7Production Schedule,
- 8Credits of Applicant Company (track record of applicant company and production team),
- 9Key Personnel List + CVs (experience and achievements),
- 10Proof of eligibility for CAVCO certification,
- 11Self-ID Form,
- 12Co-Production Agreement, if applicable,
- 13Additional documents, if applicable.
Other Things to Note:
Major production funders (MPF) will receive a letter from the Bell Fund confirming the amount of funding being allocated to the MPF along with the terms that the MPF must abide by.