Type of Program:
The purpose of the Program is to fund premium, original, digital video series for online distribution, specifically the production of scripted fiction (drama, comedy, and children’s and youth programming, excluding animated series) and scripted non-fiction (i.e. documentary and lifestyle/factual programming).
Comments on Funding:
Funding is available as a non-repayable grant of 75% of the costs of production up to a maximum of $150,000. At least 10% of the budget must be financed in cash by a third party. If series is Board approved for financing, an additional amount, up to a maximum of $50,000, can be requested for the cost of implementing the Audience Development Plan.
When It Ends:
April 4, 2022
September 26, 2022
The applicant must:
Eligibility criteria for the series:
book a one-on-one information session, via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if they are first time applicants,
go to online application portal: application.bellfund.ca and create an account,
submit the application.
Applicants must submit:
- 1The application form,
- 2The Audience Development Preliminary Plan,
- 3The Digital Platform Pre-Approval Form,
- 4Project details form,
- 5Proof that Copyright of Project is owned, optioned or controlled by applicant (producer),
- 6License Agreement or meaningful commitment letter from a digital platform owned, controlled and operated by a Canadian, licensed programming undertaking including operating as a Hybrid VOD service (CraveTV, Club Illico),
- 7Licence agreement or meaningful commitment letter from a digital platform that features Entertainment Programming and is accessible to Canadians.
- 8Proof of other financing, if applicable,
- 9List of pending applications to other funders, if applicable.
- 10The budget,
- 11Transactions by All Parties,
- 12Content (series treatment + 1- 2 scripts for Fiction/series treatment + 1 episodic outline for nonfiction),
- 13Production Schedule,
- 14Credits of Applicant Company,
- 15Key Personnel List + CVs,
- 16Self Identification Form,
- 17Co-Production Agreement, if applicable,
- 18Service Agreement, if applicable,
- 19Additional documents, if applicable.
Other Things to Note:
As with 2020, a distinction will not be made between fiction and non-fiction. The two deadlines are open to both and applications will be evaluated together.