No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
The PEI Pollination Expansion Program supports the sustainable increase of local honey bee colonies that are available for the pollination of wild blueberries and other fruit crops and the advancement of the beekeeping sector through strategic industry initiatives, including investment in infrastructure.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is a 75% assistance:
- 1to a maximum of $30 per individual honey bee queen for the purchase of eligible imported international honey bee queens,
- 2to a maximum of $30 per individual honey bee queen for the purchase of eligible domestic honey bee queens,
- 3to a maximum of $200 for the purchase of queen rearing equipment,
- 4to a maximum of $175 per individual nucleus, split, or out-of-province full colony,
- 5to a maximum of $150 per individual in-province full colony for full colonies from PEI beekeepers exiting the honey beekeeping sector,
- 6to a maximum of $175 per individual bee package for the purchase of eligible package,
- 7to a maximum of $15 per new shallow, medium, or deep hive box,
- 8to a maximum of $30 per one hive box, worth of new frames (to a maximum of ten frames).
Funding is up to 75% assistance:
- 1to a maximum of $20,000, for industry priority bee research,
- 2to a maximum of $20,000, for miscellaneous beekeeping technology or expenses that have a direct impact in upgrading a particular beekeeping operation or the advancement of the sector as a whole.
When It Ends:
March 31, 2022
Applicants must be:
Applicants must submit their completed applications via regular mail or email to the attention of the Provincial Apiarist.
Applicants must submit:
- 1the completed application form,
- 2a project proposal.
Other Things to Note:
This program is effective April 1, 2021 and will terminate on March 31, 2022. This program may be altered or discontinued without notice by the Minister of Agriculture and Land.