Type of Program:
The Music PEI Microgrant Program is designed:
- 1to celebrate local music, build community, and support creativity through the distribution of highly accessible grant funding,
- 2to invest in projects that will grow the professional profile of selected artists,
- 3to foster the development of all applicants’ business and grant writing skills,
- 4to assist successful applicants in reaching new audiences and building connections to the local music industry, and
- 5to encourage increased participation in the music industry on PEI by creating lasting partnerships between aspiring artists and Music PEI.
Comments on Funding:
Microgrants will fund all eligible expenses to a maximum of $300.
When It Ends:
are encouraged to book a consultation with a Program Officer at Music PEI prior to submitting their application,
must submit the online application form,
must sign a Letter of Acceptance/Investment Agreement within thirty (30) days of receiving an acceptance notification.
will receive 100% of the eligible expenses for the approved budget within thirty (30) days of submitting a signed Letter of Acceptance/Investment Agreement,
must submit within sixty (60) days of project completion a Completion Report.
The applicant must submit:
- 1the application form,
- 2a brief letter (1-2 pages) introducing themselves, summarizing their project and identifying a strategic link between their project and the Microgrant Program’s objectives
- 3a simple budget listing anticipated expenses and revenues,
- 4creative content (ex. homemade audio or video, lyric sheets, designs, etc.).