No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
The Business Development component provides funding to New Brunswick producers, new entrant farmers, agricultural producer associations or agricultural organizations to support their activities related to business development.
Funding is available forth following categories:
Comments on Funding:
- up to 70% of registration fees and up to 50% of the other eligible costs for training to a maximum contribution of $3,000 per project,
- a maximum assistance per applicant of $6,000 in each fiscal year (April 1- March 31).
- 70% of the eligible costs of consultants for the development of an industry or commodity Cost of Production (COP) analysis to a maximum contribution of $10,000 for each fiscal year (April 1- March 31),
- 50% of the eligible costs of a consultant to assist an individual to benchmark their operation against a New Brunswick COP or other approved COP to a maximum assistance per applicant of $1,500 in each fiscal year (April 1- March 31).
- up to 70% of registration costs and up to 50% of other eligible costs to send producers to training events,
- up to 90% of eligible costs to host strategic presentations ortraining events (up to 100% of translation costs)
- up to a maximum assistance per training project of $10,000,
- up to a maximum assistance per applicant of $20,000 in each fiscal year (April 1- March 31),
- 100% of the eligible cost of developing and implementing a provincial, interprovincial,regional strategic plan and/or agricultural initiatives for a group or organization to amaximum contribution of $20,000 over the duration of the program.
Agriculture producers considered New Entrants are eligible for an additional 10% cost share on top of the approved cost share for a particular program. The total cost share will not exceed 100%.
When It Ends:
Applicants must submit a completed application form and attach any additional required documentation to any Department of Agriculture, Aquaculture and Fisheries (DAAF) regional office or directly to the CAP Administrator, Industry Financial Programs, Department of Agriculture, Aquaculture and Fisheries, P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1, or by e-mail to CAP.ADMIN@gnb.ca.
Applicants must submit:
Other Things to Note:
The Canada / New Brunswick Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) policy framework is a five year federal, provincial and territorial Initiative which will operate from April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2023, unless otherwise announced. Program applications are welcome on an ongoing basis until funding is exhausted.