Type of Program:
The purpose of the TV Program is to support the production of great, market-driven Canadian content in the genres of lifestyle, drama, comedy series, and documentary series. For the Selective stream any public or private broadcaster may support up to 3 applications per deadline.
Comments on Funding:
Funding available for eligible projects in the drama or comedy category is a maximum contribution equal to $250,000, not to exceed 40% of the production’s eligible costs/budget.
Funding in the lifestyle category is a maximum contribution equal to $150,000, not to exceed 40% of the production’s eligible costs/budget.
When It Ends:
April 11, 2022
2023 deadline to be announced
The applicant must:
Eligibility criteria for the TV programs:
click on the New Applications tab and select the fund you wish to apply for,
submit the application.
Any public or private broadcaster may support up to (3) applications per deadline. When there are multiple channels affiliated by ownership to a parent company the company is allowed up to three (3) applications.
Applicants must submit:
- 1Project Details Form.
- 2Proof that Copyright of Project is owned, optioned or controlled by applicant (producer),
- 3License Agreement (commitment letter may be sufficient at application stage) with a CRTC Licensed, Broadcaster,
- 4Broadcaster Support Form,
- 5TV Ratings for previous season(s), if applicable,
- 6Proof of other financing, if applicable,
- 7Budget - Series Production (.xls or .xlsx),
- 8Creative (1 or 2 scripts plus bible/treatment),
- 9Production Schedule,
- 10Credits of Applicant Company (track record of applicant company and production team),
- 11Key Personnel List + CVs (experience and achievements),
- 12Self Identification Contact List,
- 13Co-Production Agreement if applicable,
- 14Additional documents, if applicable.
Other Things to Note:
TV Program guidelines - 2022
Leave a Reply