Type of Program:
The Short-Form Digital Series Program is a selective program that supports Canadian, independent producer/creators by funding premium, original series for online distribution, specifically the production of fiction (drama, comedy, and children’s and youth programming) and non-fiction (documentary and lifestyle/factual programming).
Comments on Funding:
Funding is available as a non-repayable grant of 75% of the costs of production up to a maximum of $150,000. If series is Board approved for financing, an additional amount, up to a maximum of $50,000, can be requested for the cost of implementing the Audience Development Plan.
When It Ends:
September 26, 2022
2023 deadlines to be announced
The applicant must:
attend an application clinic, if they are first time applicants
go to online application portal: application.bellfund.ca and create an account,
submit the application.
complete the 'Bell Fund’s Online Self-Identification Questionnaire' within 7 days of receipt of the email invitation.
Applicants must submit:
- 1The application form,
- 2The Audience Development Preliminary Plan,
- 3The Digital Platform Pre-Approval Form,
- 4Project details form,
- 5Proof that Copyright of Project is owned, optioned or controlled by applicant (producer),
- 6License Agreement or meaningful commitment letter from a digital platform owned, controlled and operated by a Canadian, licensed programming undertaking including operating as a Hybrid VOD service (CraveTV, Club Illico),
- 7Licence agreement or meaningful commitment letter from a digital platform that features Entertainment Programming and is accessible to Canadians.
- 8Proof of other financing, if applicable,
- 9List of pending applications to other funders, if applicable.
- 10The budget,
- 11Transactions by All Parties,
- 12Content (series treatment + 1- 2 scripts for Fiction/series treatment + 1 episodic outline for nonfiction),
- 13Production Schedule,
- 14Credits of Applicant Company,
- 15Key Personnel List + CVs,
- 16Self Identification Form,
- 17Co-Production Agreement, if applicable,
- 18Service Agreement, if applicable,
- 19Additional documents, if applicable.
- 20Additional Letters of Support (eg. letter of support from mentor, if applicable).
Other Things to Note:
Guidelines – August, 2022