Type of Program:
The Independent Production Fund (“IPF”) and the Canada Media Fund (“CMF”) encourage the development and growth of Canadian drama series and adapt their financing activities to most effectively fulfill needs identified as requiring support. The Development Packaging Program (the “Program”) is designed to assist independent producers create high quality original scripted short form series.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is in the form of a repayable advance of up to $30,000. Each project awarded funding through the Program will repay the advance as follows:
- 1to the IPF: 100% of IPF’s portion of the advance on the first day of principal photography,
- 2to the CMF: 100% of CMF’s portion of the advance on the first day of principal photography.
When It Ends:
Next deadlines to be determined
Eligible projects must:
Applicants must submit the application form and any supporting materials electronically, through the online application portal at https://application.ipf.ca/Login.aspx
Applicants must submit the following documents/materials:
- 1a completed application form found in the application portal at https://application.ipf.ca/Login.aspx
- 2a Creative Pitch for the short form series in a maximum of three (3) pages, including a complete synopsis of the series, story arc over the season, description of lead characters, a typical episode format and outline, etc.,
- 3a one (1) page vision document,
- 4bios of the producer, writer, creator, story editor and/or development executive including relevant production credits,
- 5URL links (or other) to previous credited work of either the producer or writer,
- 6confirmation in writing from a story editor and/or development executive including responsibilities, proposed schedule and fee,
- 7a packaging phase development budget,
- 8a packaging phase development schedule (Note: all deliverables must be completed and delivered to IPF and the CMF by the established deadline),
- 9proof of any other confirmed development packaging financing,
- 10a document containing information on previous phases of development (if applicable).
Other Things to Note:
Funding will be awarded through the Program on a 2/3 (English) and 1/3 (French) basis.
Leave a Reply